Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Mediacom Cable sucks

I can't fucking stand this company. I have had nothing but trouble with my internet since I started service with them. I'm a fairly cheap bastard, and only subscribe to internet service through them. This also means i get free basic cable, fantastic. I treasure my internet connection, sad i know. But this has allowed me to observe what time of year I have the most problems with the service. While researching a signal booster that was suggested to me by my friend the electrical genius I discovered that signals need to be boosted by the cable companies when it is really hot or cold outside.

I would say it is not coincidence that my internet always fails when it is really hot or really cold. Nothing pisses me off more than incompetent employees, and either Mediacom is in the practice of hiring the dumbest motherfuckers that make it out of high school, or their employees lie every time I call. I feel the split here is close to 50/50. It rally fails, I call and complain about my service being out, they take me through the step by step process of trying to get the service working, and with no luck a service call is scheduled. No more than 10 minutes after this call, my internet is back up and working.

What does this all mean, Mediacom like all internet cable providers have their signal strength adjusted automatically, yet they don't adjust for sever cold or hot temperatures. There employees will not tell you this is the problem, and they will correct it when it because a problem for them.

This company doesn't care about its customers until their customers become a problem.

Fuck them

Best Wishes,

B

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I also have mediacom and hate them too. Although I love the service at the same time. When it does work that is.

Elias said...

Wow, I just hate hearing about stuff like this. I used to go through the same thing up until four years ago when I finally bailed and turned to satellite. Since I've become a DISH customer/employee my bill has gone down and my channel selection has increased exponentially. I have awesome apps and features like TV Everywhere, that lets me watch live or recorded TV anywhere I can get a 3G connection. You owe it to yourself to at least check it out and see what kind of specials they have for new customer.